Hello!
Guess what? I'm in Finnish MC Office now :) Yep, I've finally reached the place.
My journey started on Monday: I went to St Petersburg by train. There cool guys from LC SPUEF and an alumna hosted me. Then I took a bus to Helsinki and finaly arrived here.
So, a little bit about the event I'm here for and about AIESEC in Finland, in general. AIESEC in Finland is a VERY OLD AIESEC country: they were among those 7 countries that founded our great organisation. Today, they have 11 LCs and about 250 members (just after recruitment). I'll write more when I learn more :)
MC here comrises 4 people: MCP and 3 MC directors. They work in MC ffice and live in MC flat (2 different places:) They got their office in 1995 after IC in finland and Sweden (actually, at that time it was CC's office - maybe it's a good idea for Ukrainian MC to initiative a bid for IC ;)
I've been here for about 3 hourse, so cannot share much so far, but here is a poem I've found in MC office that I definitely want you to know.
Here it is:
It's up to you!
One song can spark a moment
One flower can wake the dream
One tree can start a forest
One bird can herald spring
One smile begins a friendship
One handclasp lifts a soul
One star can guide a ship at sea
One word can frame the goal
One vote can change a nation
One sunbeam lights a room
One candle wipes out darkness
One laugh will conquer gloom
One step must start each journey
One word must start each prayer
One hope will raise our spirits
One touch can show your care
One voice can speak with wisdom
One heart can know what's true
One life can make the difference
You see, it's up to you!
Cheers!
Olya
Posted by Olga Kuznetsova at 5:47 PM